This is a Four-Point Celtic Knot Necklace. It is similar to the Amulet of Mara in the game The Elder Scrolls.
This pendant is made from Sterling Silver. It is 36mm across from point to point. The disk is 30mm across. It has a Denim Lapis cabochon in the center that is 5mm across. It comes on an 18 inch long Sterling Silver chain. In addition to the four-point pattern, the symbol has a series of four infinity symbol loops woven into the design in the background. Also, it has 20 dots that ring the outside of the disk.
Meanings behind the Amulet of Mara and Four-Point Celtic Knots:
Some call the four-pointed Celtic knot a Quaternary Knot. Due to it’s interwoven nature and four distinct points, this type of symbol has been assigned a number of different meanings. They all have to do with concepts that contain four parts. Here are some of them:
- Directions: North, South, East and West
- Seasons: Winter, Spring Summer and Fall
- The ancient elements: Earth, fire, wind, water
- Phases of life: birth, growth, death and transformation
- Cardinal virtues: justice, prudence, fortitude and temperance
- Basic states of matter: solid, liquid, gas and plasma
- Fundamental forces: electromagnetism, gravitation, the weak nuclear force, and the strong nuclear force
- Gospels of the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Also, you can click here to learn more about the infinity symbol woven into this design. The section about the Infinity symbol is the second from the top.
Finally, when your character in the game The Elder Scrolls wears this amulet, it indicates your character is available for marriage. In the game, Mara is the goddess of love. The amulet can be found in a number of different places in the game according to this site. The amulet also appears in the game Skyrim.