This is a Celtic motherhood knot necklace. There are five variations:
- A 925 hallmarked sterling silver pendant that is 24mm tall (30mm with bail) on an 18″ silver chain.
- The 925 sterling silver pendant with no chain
- A rhodium-plated pendant that is 28mm tall (33 mm tall with bail) on an 18″ silver chain.
- A stainless steel pendant that is 28mm tall (40mm with bail) on an 18″ silver chain.
- A brass pendant that is 28mm tall on an 20″ leather cord.
About the Motherhood Knot Necklace Symbol:
This is my take on a classic Celtic knot jewelry design. I was not pleased with the other versions out there. It makes a great gift for mothers-to-be, any mom or even a grandmother. This knot was one of my first ever 3D printed designs, except it was first featured on a ring. It is still my most popular design.
The Celtic Motherhood Knot is a heart-shaped Celtic Knot. It has two separate heart-shaped Celtic knots that are interwoven. The two separate knots are meant to represent mother and child. Notice that the lower knot is an upside-down Trinity Knot that has two the the corners rounded into a heart shape. Sometimes I have seen birthstones or other colors incorporated into this symbol. Those are meant to represent each child. The other knot is also a stylized trinity knot as well.
There is also a spiritual element to the meaning, too. According to this article, “The knots and spirals with never-ending lines symbolize the Celts’ beliefs in eternal life and in humans’ complex relationship with the natural and the divine.” A common theme among all Celtic knots is that they stand for virtues, such as wisdom, strength, love and honesty. Some have said it is also a symbol of fertility. All of these would apply to motherhood knot necklace.